PEDALPALOOZA is a Do-It-Yourself Bicycle Festival held for a week in June in London. With a variety of bike-related events, Pedalpalooza brings together people of all ages, backgrounds, and skill levels through cycling for fun and transportation. – Read more at http://www.pedalpalooza.org.uk/
Join the Sustrans Big Cycle and Walk Challenge starting on June 2nd. To take part sign up at getmeactive and join the Havering Cyclists Group.
Improve your health
- Reach the recommended target of 30 minutes exercise a day
- Reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes and some cancers
- Be as fit as an average person 10 years younger
Increase your wealth
- Save on petrol, parking and wear and tear
- Bike maintenance costs on average just £75 per year
- Walking is free! (Except for the odd pair of shoes..)
- Walking and cycling blows away the cobwebs leaving you refreshed to tackle your day
- You save carbon compared to the car, so you can feel good about reducing your carbon footprint
- If everyone walked or cycled instead of driving for just one journey a week, we’d take 10% of car trips off the road
- Walking and cycling contribute to cleaner air and more pleasant communities
The Big Cycle and Walk Challenge takes place from June 2nd – 30th. It’s a great way for individuals, groups and organisations to clock up more journeys on foot and by bike. You can compete with friends, colleagues and participants from across the UK and there are some great prizes on offer!
Your Personal Challenge allows you to set personal targets and compete with others to log the most walking or cycling journeys. Detailed statistics are provided on your progress and position.
The Group Challenge pits groups and organisations against each other to see who can secure the highest level of participation. You can upload photos, stories and interact, and there are different size categories to create a level playing field for all.